CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO GO THROUGH THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
ONLINE SCREENING TEST: 2022
1. There are 136 Army Public Schools (APS) located in various Cantonments and Military Stations across India. These schools are administered and managed by local Army authorities and affiliated to CBSE through Army Welfare Education Society (AWES). A List of these schools is placed at Annexure 1.
2. There are approximately 8700 teachers on the rolls of these schools. Out of these, a large number get turned over every year due to various reasons.
Note: The exact number of vacancies available in the respective school will be announced by the School/Management while advertising for holding interviews/evaluation of teaching skills.
3. Post for teachers in various categories could be `regular’ or of `fixed term’ nature which shall be informed along with the announcement of vacancies. Appointments which fall in the category of “Regular” would be liable to transfer in organizational interest.
4. The selection of teachers will be done in three stages: -
(a) Stage 1-Screening Exam. An `Online Screening Test’ will be conducted on 19 and 20 February 2022, for vacancies that will arise during the ensuing academic year. This shall be conducted on-line by an agency identified by HQ AWES centrally, to ensure uniform quality of teachers in all Army Public Schools.
Those who qualify in this stage will be given a Score Card which shall be valid for life provided the candidate picks up a teaching job within three years from the date of passing the screening exam in any CBSE affiliated school for a continuous duration of at least one year. A Score Card will make candidate eligible to appear for the remaining stages of the selection process. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test: -
(i) Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
(ii) Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g., candidates holding Score Card of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
Note: Please note that holding a Score Card by itself does not entitle a candidate for an appointment as teacher in any Army Public School. It only renders the candidate eligible for Stage 2 and 3 of the selection processes.
(b) Stage 2: Interview. As stated at Note to Para 2 above, the respective schools shall announce the vacancies available through various means like Local Newspapers, the School Website, Notice board etc. Candidates would have to apply in response to these announcements. The interviews may or may not be held at the location of the school. It may be held as per discretion of the local management at a convenient place at one of the other Schools.
(c) Stage 3: Evaluation of Teaching Skills and Computer Proficiency. For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills. Selection Committee may also hold computer proficiency tests if they so desire.
1. Stages 2 & 3 will be held in tandem under the aegis of Board of Administration at HQ Command/School Management.
2. Appointments will be made as per CBSE/AWES Rules.
3. The interview shall be for a group of Schools (Cluster) and the selected candidate for Regular Category may be appointed in any of the schools in that cluster.
4. Authorities conducting the Interview may carry out additional screening of candidate if the number of candidates is large and administratively unmanageable.
5. Candidates who receive a letter of offer of appointment for the post of a teacher in any category are required to get a police verification certificate at the earliest and in no case later than 30 days from date of joining.
Spouses of serving Army, Navy and Air Force personnel will get verification of their antecedents from the Commanding Officer/ Formation Commander/ Station Commander of the establishment where their spouses are serving.
Online Screening Test
5. To qualify for interview and evaluation of teaching skills, the candidates should have passed the Online Screening Test. This has been scheduled on 19 and 20 February 2022 at various centres across the country. The general guidelines for candidates are given in the succeeding paragraphs.
6. List Of Subjects The exam will be held for the posts of PGT/TGT/PRT for all subjects (List placed at Annexure 2).
7. Qualifications. The requisite qualifications are: -
(a) Educational/Professional Qualification: -
Post Minimum Qualifications
Education Aggregate % Professional Aggregate %
1. PGT Post-Graduation 50 B Ed 50
2. TGT Graduation 50* B Ed 50
3. PRT Graduation 50 Two-year Diploma in
Elementary Education or B.Ed.
*A Post-Graduate with less than aggregate 50% marks in Graduation, but aggregate 50% marks in PostGraduation and also 50% marks in the subject applied for shall also be eligible.
1. Detailed List of minimum qualifications for teachers in Army Public Schools is at Annexure 3.
2. Candidates must in addition to the minimum aggregate percentage mentioned in the table above have
scored no less than 50% marks in each of the subjects in which they have graduated/ post-graduated.
The detailed mark sheets will be scruitinised during the interview.
(b) Age – As on 01 April 2021: -
(i) Fresh Candidates : Below 40 years (In the case of Delhi schools
(Less than 5 years’ teaching experience) the candidate should be in the age bracket as per
(ii) Experienced Candidates: Below 57 years (In the case of Delhi DSEA&R)
(Those with more than 5 years
teaching experience in the last 10 years)
©CTET/TET is not mandatory for appearing in the Online Screening Test. However, CTET/TET conducted
by Centre/state government is mandatory for appointment as TGTs/PRTs. Those not qualified in CTET/TET
but found fit in all other respects may be considered for appointment on vacancies which may be Adhoc in
nature till attainment of qualification.
Please ensure that you meet the educational and age criteria before you start registering yourself. If you do not,
you are liable to be disqualified without refund of exam fees any time during the selection process and even
thereafter whenever a discrepancy is noticed.
(c) Candidates are required to ensure that they fulfill NCTE rules, regulations and notifications for minimum
qualifications & Appendix-VII of CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws 2018 for persons to be recruited as teachers in various
categories before they register.
(d) Aggregate percentage will be based on the marks for the entire duration of Graduation/Post Graduation.
8. The Online Screening Test for 2022 will be conducted as under: -
(a) Date. 19-20 February 2022 as per schedule to be decided depending on the number of candidates
who register for the exam.
(b) Method. Test will be conducted ON-LINE in the MCQ format. The questions will be randomly generated
from a subject specific question bank. A detailed blue print of the question paper is given at Annexure 4.
(c) PGT/TGT candidates who fail in Part B but pass Part A may opt to take their score card for PRT
subject to meeting other qualifications.
1. Scores will be normalized to 100.
2. There will be negative marking.1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
3. Part A & B will be available together and the candidates have the freedom to answer questions in
the order that they prefer.
4. To qualify, the candidate must score minimum 50 % marks in each part.
(d) Exam Fee. ₹385/- (Non-Refundable).
9. Registration. Candidates are expected to register ON-LINE for the screening exam by logging onto the Registration
Portal https://register.cbtexams.in/AWES/Registration/ . Candidates can register between 07 January 2022 to 28
January 2022. Thereafter the portal will be closed for registration. The procedure to be followed will be as per details
available on the website. Please use the steps given below to give general information about yourself to register your
(a) For profile registration, you need to have a valid Mobile Number & Email ID
(b) You will receive OTP on your Mobile number & Email ID for verification
(c) You can edit your Post/Other details any time before submitting, except Basic Details (First Page).
(d) While entering the required information in On-line form, you will be asked by system to attach the
following documents: -
(i) Photographs and signatures
(ii) Proof of date of birth
(iii) Certificates of academic qualifications
(e) The system will then ask you to pay the exam fee ON-LINE. Payment options are UPI/Debit/Credit Cards/
Net banking. A payment gateway has been integrated with the web-site for the purpose and candidates will be
guided through the payment process.
(f) Once registration is completed, you will get a confirmation that registration is successful. You will also be
informed through e-mail and SMS regarding the same.
(g) You may seek assistance till the examination from the following HELPLINE numbers: +91 62680 30939,
+91 62680 03264, +91 62631 78414, +91 62680 62129
10. Mock Test: Candidates would be able to take mock tests ON-LINE to familiarize them with the exam procedure.
A link for this will be available on the Registration Portal with effect from 01 Feb 2022.
11. Exam Centres. A list of Exam Centres will be available on the Registration Portal. A tentative List is also
placed at Annexure 5. The candidates are required to fill in three choices in order of preference. Due to the prevailing
COVID situation if the candidate prefers to appear for the examination from home, the candidate should indicate this in the
choice. For candidates who wish to appear from an exam centre, efforts will be made to allot one of the three preferred
choices. If none of the choices are available the application fees shall be refunded.
Note: There may be some changes in the list of examination centres due to administrative reasons. However,
no change will be made after issue of Admit Cards.
12. Admit Cards. Admit Cards will be available ON-LINE. Candidates may download and print the same. The Admit
Card should be produced for gaining entry to the Exam Centre. The cards will also have COVID related Safety instructions.
All candidates are expected to abide by the same. Candidates are advised to read the instructions appended to the
Admit Card carefully.
13. Exam Results. Will be uploaded on the same portal. No review of result shall be allowed. The results shall be
available on the website for 30 days after declaration of results. Once the results are removed from the portal, individual
Score Card/results can be obtained on a special request and on payment of a specific administration charges of ₹100/- (₹
One Hundred only).
14. Score Card. The Score Cards of successful candidates will be available on the Registration Portal after the exam
which the candidates may download and laminate. The card will be valid for life provided the candidate takes up teaching
position in any CBSE recognized school (for a period of at least one year) within 3 years of issue of Score Card.
(a) Registration -From 07 January 2022 to 28 January 2022.
(b) Availability of Admit cards on-line -From 10 February 2022
(c) Examination -19 and 20 February 2022.
(d) Publication of Result -28 February 2022.
16. Once the candidate is in possession of OST card on successful clearing of the on-line examination, the candidate
would need to look for vacancy announcements by the Army Public School of their choice/neighbourhood. For this, they
may contact the school/check the website of the schools concerned or look for advertisement on the newspapers. Stage 2
and 3 of selection shall be conducted by the respective schools/their controlling management at different times in the month
of March 2022. Application form for the same shall be available on school websites accordingly.